Warning – this is only available to annual plans. If you wish to bulk upload users plesae contact support on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to upload the bulk upload csv file for you.
Setting up the groups before uploading the users
We firstly need to know what groups we are going to add users to. To do this follow these steps:
1. Login to your site as an admin user and click the Admin Tools link at the top of your page and then under ‘Users and Groups’, click Groups.
2. You will now be able to search for groups.
Enter your group name in the search bar. The group names will show (as below). The Identifier is what we need to copy and enter into ‘Group’ field in the .csv template file provided as per the instructions below.
3. After you have repeated these steps for each group and user you can now move on to the next step below.
Adding the users to Projectfusion
We are now ready to begin preparing our .csv file to add users to Projectfusion and groups. Please note that it is not compulsory to add a user to a group.
(Please remember to check that all usernames are fully lowercase)
For best practice, we recommend user names follow the firstname_lastname format. You cannot use an email address as a username.
The .csv file attached at the top of this article shows the format to follow.
1. Download the .csv file (ExampleUserUpload.csv) located at the top of this article.
2. Open the file in your spreadsheet software (eg. Excel, Numbers etc) in order to edit it.
3. Fill out the fields starting in the first line beneath the field names.
4. When filling out the ‘Group’ field, you can use a colon ( : ) to separate multiple groups. (Remember the group field is case sensitive so ensure you have copied the identifier exactly).
5. Once you have finished editing the .csv file, save it. Then re-open your browser and click Admin Tools at the top of your page then Users.
6. Click Upload User .csv file
- Click the Select file(s) to upload icon.
- Browse for the CSV file containing the users.The CSV file has an extension of .csv
- Select the file, and then click Open.
- Click Upload File(s).