What are the top 8 security vulnerabilities?
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has published a new security report highlighting eight of the most common IT security vulnerabilities that have resulted in organisations failing to keep people’s information secure.
No real surprises here, the top eight computer security vulnerabilities covered in the ICO’s report comprise:
- a failure to keep software security up to date;
- a lack of protection from SQL injection;
- the use of unnecessary services;
- poor decommissioning of old software and services;
- the insecure storage of passwords;
- failure to encrypt online communications;
- poorly designed networks processing data in inappropriate areas; and
- the continued use of default credentials including passwords.
For the full story go over to the ico.
Projectfusion are fully audited and keep your information secure.