Applicable Legislation list
This document sets out the legislation which BUSINESS NAME considers as applicable to the implementation and compliance of its ISMS.
The Managing Director is responsible for ensuring that the ISMS design and implementation supports the stated aim of legal compliance, and that the statues/laws listed here are considered.
The Information Security Manager is responsible for ensuring that the list is maintained up to date when new legislation or amendments are issued, and for highlighting changes to the Directors.
The following laws/regulations are considered applicable to a UK Cloud Business:
- The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988
- Official Secrets Act 1989
- Computer Misuse Act 1990
- Copyright (Computer Programs) Regulations 1992
- Data Protection Act 1998
- The EU Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC)
- Human Rights Act 1998 (esp. Article 8)
- Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000
- Electronic Communications Act 2000
- Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
- Disability Discrimination Act 2005
- The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment)Regulations 2011
- Defamation Act 2013
- The Electronic Communications Code (Conditions and Restrictions)(Amendment) Regulations 2013
- Data Retention and Investigatory Powers Act 2014
* Information Security Management System. This is a combination of documented policies, processes and systems describing your approach to information security